This program is primarily for Wounded Warrior Marines, but is open to all Marines and FMF Corpsman. Please keep in mind that these are pets / companion dogs, not specialized service dogs.
If you would like to apply for this program please fill out the following form. MCCCGA covers the adoption fee – Including updating vaccines and shots, AHS Basic Obedience Training – 4 sessions, 2 Wellness Check Ups at the Atlanta Humane Society Veterinary Center. Each pre-approved Marine adopter will receive gift certificates for the obedience training and wellness check-up visits. Once approved AHS will set up an appointment to adopt a dog.
A few things to keep in mind before submitting your application:
- Dogs can only be adopted through The Atlanta Humane Society.
- AHS cannot transport dogs. Applicants have to go in person to either Howell Mill Campus, 981 Howell Mill Road, Atlanta, Georgia or Mansell Campus, 1565 Mansell Road, Alpharetta, Georgia to adopt.
- AHS does have a administrative process that they use for all adoptions. This primarily is a screening process for the adoption.
- Where is the dog going
- Environment the dog will live in
- Other general questions for the well-being of the dog.